What We Do
We provide custom multidisciplinary HIV education/training and other support services to assist Missouri’s healthcare professionals in meeting the healthcare needs of people living with HIV/AIDS. Our group is committed to continuing with the rich tradition of working together with federal, state, or local organizations to ensure that Missouri’s healthcare professionals are optimally prepared and supported for dealing with the ongoing HIV epidemic. We tailor our programs to meet your needs.
Clinical Education and Training Programs
We offer comprehensive didactic and skill building programs led by expert clinicians and other health care professionals. Clinical preceptorships are provided through the MATEC affiliate sites. Our outreach services are available throughout the state and can often be done on-site. Examples of program topics include:
- HIV prevention and testing
- Pathogenesis and clinical course of infection
- Epidemiology of HIV
- Diagnosis and clinical management of HIV/AIDS
- Antiretroviral therapy and opportunistic infection prophylaxis
- Management of patient with comorbidities
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Oral health
- Cultural competence in HIV service
- Emerging HIV clinical issues
- Medication issues, including adherence
- Post exposure prophylaxis
Expert Clinical Consultation and Technical Assistance
We provide clinical consultation services to healthcare providers from local or regional experts by phone, fax or email. We also provide technical assistance to healthcare professionals and organizations for building capacity to provide HIV-related services.
For more information contact the MATEC Missouri Program Manager Alicia Downes.